GET STARTED WITH SKINPEN®
Microneedling is your patients’ new best friend when it comes to fighting the appearance of facial acne scars. With SkinPen®, you can provide the impressive results demonstrated by our clinical study and the safety of the first FDA-cleared device.1
Here are some benefits you can offer SkinPen patients:
- Optimal results. You may recommend a course of procedures based on patients’ individual goals. The best results come after multiple treatments spaced one month apart.
- Comfortable procedure. You might use a numbing cream to minimize patient discomfort.
- Short procedure time. Each treatment will take about 30 minutes.
- Mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Safe treatment. Our clinical trial of SkinPen had no device-related adverse events.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications. Please see patient labeling for detailed safety information. Many patients return to work the next day.
- Soothing aftercare. As a part of the treatment kit that comes with each SkinPen single-use needle cartridge, your patients will receive some Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel that prevents the skin from drying out post-treatment.
- An effective post-procedure protocol. We suggest recommending an aftercare regimen to your patients. Skinfuse Post-Procedure Protocol is Bellus Medical’s 90-day series of products specifically formulated to support skin following microneedling.