Collagen induction therapy (CIT) is a minimally-invasive procedure that aims to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and scars by stimulating existing collagen and elastin. CIT, also known as microneedling, has become quite popular with both patients and clinicians, because it is safe and effective. So who are the most appropriate candidates?
Technically, collagen induction therapy can be administered at home or in a day spa, using a roller device. However, results are minimal compared to medical-grade treatment, and the procedure can be painful. It’s also possible for complications such as infection or allergic reaction to develop because these environments are not sterile.
Introduction Of The SkinPen® Device Has Transformed CIT
The old-style “dermaroller” is unwieldy, and its microneedles are a fixed length, so it lacks versatility. The latest technology uses a device that looks something like a large pen. The SkinPen® technology is lightweight, ergonomically designed, and carries a disposable needle cartridge at its tip. Needle length can be adjusted to match each patient’s needs, making the SkinPen® far more appropriate for procedures in hard-to-reach or very small areas, such as around the nose.
Collagen induction therapy is appropriate for women and men who:
- Are looking for skin rejuvenation. Often that includes reducing signs of aging such as facial fine lines and wrinkles.
- Have any skin color or type. This is particularly important because so many other treatment options are not appropriate for everyone.
- Have a busy lifestyle. Many people have personal schedules that are filled with work, family, and recreation commitments. CIT procedures are short, and there’s virtually no downtime. Repeat sessions are separated by 4-6 weeks, so scheduling is convenient.
- Desire a non-surgical, non-invasive, or minimally invasive alternative – but want safe, effective results.
Collagen induction therapy delivered via a SkinPen® device is ideal for every one of these patients. Of course, there are a couple more factors that go into identifying the most appropriate patients:
- Realistic expectations. No skin rejuvenation procedure produces “perfect” results because there is no such thing.
- Healthy foundation. The best candidates for any procedure are those who are in generally good health, and who do not smoke.
The Skinfuse® regimen is specifically formulated to support the skin to maintain a healthy glow.
Is Collagen Induction Therapy The Best Choice?
Every person’s skin and aesthetic goals are different, so providers and prospective patients should work together to decide if CIT is appropriate. Qualified clinicians have the training and experience using SkinPen® to thoroughly answer questions and make effective professional recommendations.